Pinnacle EMS Power Seminar
Effective Strategies for Addressing Behavioral Health and Social Issues in Your Community
Monday, July 22, 2019 | 1:00 pm–4:45 pm ET | Register Now►
The impact of behavioral health and social issues on the health of communities and the EMS services that serve them is immense. From people suffering from addiction to those who are homeless, these growing patient populations present unique challenges for EMS, including an increased demand for precious EMS resources and limited options for transporting to appropriate care. In this interactive session, participants will review current research and case studies in order to evaluate suggested strategies for dealing with this critical issue.
Leaders from Manatee County (FL) EMS, MedStar Mobile Healthcare, Northwell Health and Palm Beach County (FL) Fire Rescue will take you on a deep dive into the innovative programs they have implemented to effectively manage behavioral health patients in their communities.
Learning objectives for this interactive, diverse, and at times controversial session include:
- How to safeguard caregivers
- Strategies for caring for patients using opioids, alcohol, and other substances
- Managing common legal issues including EMTALA, use of restraints, kidnapping and abandonment
- Addressing the challenges related to sobering centers, long distance mental health transports and patient dumping
- Developing public health linkages, community-based care and transport alternatives
Click here to register for this valuable Power Seminar offered as part of the Pinnacle EMS Leadership Conference