FREE | Recorded Wednesday, October 30 at 2:00 pm ET
Part 3 in the joint AIMHI-NAEMT series EMS Finance: Follow the Money
The third webinar in our EMS Finance series will walk participants through a 9-1-1 call from start (call comes in) to finish (dollars collected), explaining how each step of the process impacts the agency’s ability to get paid for the call:
Where it begins
- the incoming 9-1-1 call
- Call taking processes, dispatch and condition codes, ALS/BLS unit selection, etc.
- How to document assessments and treatments that will help prove medical necessity (or at least not clearly eliminate it!)
- ePCR closed call rules, etc.
- Examples of “the good, the bad and the ugly” documentation.
- A walk through a typical billing process
- Why accurate patient demographics are important
- Denials & appeals *Patient payments
- Chip Decker, CEO, Richmond Ambulance Authority
- Matt Zavadsky, CSIO of MedStar Mobile Healthcare (Texas)
- Bruce Evans, Fire Chief, Upper Pine River Fire Protection District firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Ritenour, CFO, Richmond Ambulance Authority, email@example.com
- Susan Swagerty, Billing Manager, Medstar Mobile Healthcare firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angela Larson, Transport Coordinator, Medstar Mobile Healthcare email@example.com
- Rick Hyatt, Medical Records Manager, Medstar Mobile Healthcare firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Richmond, Paramedic, Medstar Mobile Healthcare email@example.com
- Rosa Palacios, Patient Account Representative, Medstar Mobile Healthcare firstname.lastname@example.org
The webinar is approved by CAPCE for a 1 hour continuining education credit.